Tweak that coffee order to be more Macro Friendly!
We always seem to consume more of the frilly coffee drinks as the weather begins to turn cold! Peppermint, pumpkin, salted caramel..the yumminess is tempting, but it isn't necessarily worth the calories, carbs and sugar than comes along with those choices!
Many of our go to choices like frappucinos and mochas are loaded with unnecessary calories, carbohydrates and loads of sugars! If you are like me, giving up the warm cup of coffee is not likely to happen! So, I want to give you some options and easy ordering techniques to help you trim your coffee down without losing the yummy taste.
In my FASTer Way to Fat Loss program, we stick to black coffee while we are fasting! However, once we break our fast we can add in other ingredients to change up the taste! So, I did some research on drinks I could order without feeling too guilty! Because every good instagram post needs a Starbucks cup in it!
My top 5! (Macros are based on ordering a grande size)
1) Cappucino- Take this frothy classic and almond milk instead of whole milk to cut down on the fat and carbs. A great cappucino is the key to tackling your to do list! Macros: 6 Fat, 9 Carb, 3 Protein
2) Caffe Americano- This choice is solely made up of espresso and hot water. Its the clear winner when you need a quick wake up drink! Macros: 0 Fat, 3 Carb, 1 Protein
3) Latte- Order this choice with almond milk and a sugar free syrup. Most coffee houses will have vanilla, mocha and cinnamon dolce SF syrups on hand. Macros: 0 Fat, 12 Carbs, 7 Protein
4) Caramel Macchiato- This is my personal favorite! Again, replace the whole milk with almond milk and ask for SF syrup and you will come in at just 120 calories for a grande! Macros: 3 Fat, 10 Carbs, 4 Protein
5) Pumpkin Spice Latte- Got your attention, right? Well, the traditional way of ordering this would not be macro friendly. Try ordering it this way! Instead order, Grande Non-Fat Americano Misto with one pump sugar free vanilla and some cinnamon, nutmeg and one Stevia. Macros: 3 Fat, 12 Carbs, 2 Protein
If you are interested in learning how to make healthy modifications in your nutrition, you might consider joining my next round of FASTer Way to Fat Loss®. This private online accountability group works for 7 weeks on being intentional with what we eat, when we eat and why we are eating those foods! My clients love how they learn to strategically indulge in treats once a week and the rest of the time they are loving the way they are feeling less bloated and in control of their choice! Our next group is starting 12/31/18 and there is room for you! Register